1 Features 3 Description The TPA3144D2 is an efficient, Class-D audio power 1• 2x6 W/ch into 4-Ω Loads at 10% THD+N from a amplifier for driving bridged-tied stereo speakers at 7-V Supply up to 10 W/6 Ω or 8 Ω (per channel).
• 2x6 W/ch into 6-Ω Loads at 10% THD+N from a 9.5-V Supply Advanced EMI Suppression Technology with Spread Spectrum Control and 1SPW modulation scheme
• 2x6 W/ch into 8-Ω Loads at 10% THD+N from a enables the use of inexpensive ferrite bead filters at 10-V Supply the outputs while meeting EMC requirements for
• Up to 90% Efficient Class-D Operation (8 Ω) system cost reduction. TPA3144D2 is not only fully Eliminates Need for Heat Sinks protected against shorts and overload, the SpeakerGuard™ speaker protection circuitry includes
• Wide Supply Voltage Range Allows Operation protection of the connected speakers. The AGL SpeakerGuard™ speaker protection circuitry allows adjustment of the maximum output voltage includes from 4.5 V to 13.2 V without signal clipping for enhanced speaker protection and audio quality. The DC detect and Pin-
• Inductor-Free Operation to-Pin, Pin-to-Ground and Pin-to-Power Short Circuit
• Enhanced EMI Performance with Spread protection circuit protect the speakers from output DC Spectrum and 1SPW Operation and pin shorts caused in production. The outputs are
• SpeakerGuard™ Speaker Protection Includes also fully protected against shorts to GND, PVCC, Automatic Gain Limit, Adjustable Power Limiter and output-to-output. The short-circuit protection and and DC Protection thermal protection includes an auto recovery feature.
• Robust Pin-to-Pin, Pin-to-Ground and Pin-to- The TPA3144D2 can drive stereo speakers with as Power Short Circuit Protection and Thermal low as 4-Ω impedance. The high efficiency of the Protection TPA3144D2, 90% with 8-Ω load, eliminates the need for an external heat sink, and TPA3144D2 will be
• Four Selectable, Fixed Gain Settings able to output full power on a 2-layer PCB
. • Single Ended or Differential Analog Inputs
• Click and Pop Free Startup